Why should the telcos care?
The pressure to improve its sustainable performance is not uncalled for. Currently, the sector consumes between 2 – 3% of global energy. However, by 2025, we expect 20 percent of world’s electricity to be consumed in creation and transportation of data. This shift is already happening – global telecom sector experienced an increase in energy consumption of 30 percent and carbon emissions of 17 percent between 2010 and 2015.
5G Standards to the rescue?
The sector sees 5G as an opportunity to drive sustainability – 3GPP’s 5G specification calls for a 90 percent reduction in energy use – however, the jury is still out on just whether existing technologies will be able to deliver on this promise.
A primary tenet of a 5G eco-system is a shift towards an all-fiber network, away from legacy copper plants. This will be a significant move towards sustainability and reducing GHG emissions. To give a perspective, manufacturing a 200-foot length of copper wire produ
- Resume Writing Services
- Animax Technology | Website Designing Company in Rohini, Delhi | Web Development Company in Delhi
- Chardham Yatra Group Tour Package from Haridwar
- Miraculous Life | Maureen Whitehouse – Miracle Meeting Place Waitlist
- NEBOSH IGC Course in Vadodara
- How Long Does it Take to Build an Ecommerce Website?
- Wheelchair Suppliers | Wheelchair Manufacturers
- Builderfly – A Complete Ecommerce Solution, Scheduled its 17th Live Webinar
- New Oil Boiler Belper, Oil Central Heating Belper, Oil Boiler Installation Belper
- 6 Innovative Ideas To Host Corporate Events